Deity Development Group

HomeGallerySearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
A facebook Like button scrolling innocently across the screen? Better press it.

Share | 

How To Defend Your Home

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Zedralan
Administrator

Moderation Level : ZERO
Experience : 535

PostSubject: How To Defend Your Home   Sat Aug 21, 2010 2:18 pm

Well we all think of it at some point in time. What if someone broke into the house and tried to overpower you? Well I've put together a guide for this ridiculously uncommon situation.

First, The Prep

You have to be prepared unless you want to get your head cracked. Choose your weapon, whatever is available to you readily. I myself have a sawed off broom handle. Be sure your weapon can be swung in almost all areas of your house without breaking stuff or hurting you with a jarring stop. Your weapon can range from a large kitchen knife, a garden hoe, a metal rake, even just a small wood cut to use as a bludgeon. In any case, store your weapon (or weapons if you are REALLY paranoid) in a convenient location. Make sure your weapon is not in easy reach and view of an attacker, or you could be at even MORE of a disadvantage.

Secondly, Training

Take your new weapon into your backyard, or large living room. Practice making slow swings with your long blunt weapon or bludgeon and VERY SLOW (almost slo-mo) slashes with your knife or stabbing weapon. Once you get the slow down speed it up slightly, always pulling your other hand back well before you strike should you use a knife.

Blunt Specific

A blunt weapon can serve many uses. A heavy blow to the head will down your foe but it's not the most practical or even easy way. Stabbing blows into the gut will hurt, wind, or even fend off an opponent. A heavy lunge can also be useful, pushing forward with your weapon cross to your body as to shove your opponent. When facing a larger opponent use your reach and come out fast, as they can and if pushed WILL grab your weapon, and then overpower you. Practice techniques and develop a Stick-Fu of your own.

Knife Specific

Firstly, stabbing is over-rated. Don't do it. You are likely to outright kill an opponent rather than fend them off. Quick slashes to the chest are effective at drawing blood and warding off an opponent. If you bring a knife to a knife fight, strike first and strike fast. If they strike back they won't really care if they kill you. But you really should care. Can you live with killing a man? In any case, your knife should be an extension of you rather than a weapon. Don't let it feel like a weapon, and try entering a low fighting stance to accommodate.

Thirdly, The Battle

If you ever enter a battle, first LOOK at your opponent. If they have a weapon similar to you, the odds are they aren't as experienced or capable with it... but don't push your luck. With blunt weapons keep a guard up, take your forearm up to the side they prefer to strike and fight with the other. Sure this will hurt your arm, but better than your head. Again though, there's the problem with knife on knife combat. Skilled knife fighters can block and control other knives with control that you don't have. Instead act badass. It's all about YOU having the KNIFE and it's SHARP.

Fourth Step, Lick Your Wounds

If you came out of a fight with a blunt weapon, win or lose, you will be injured. Ice the areas that cause the most trouble. This will numb them slightly and stop swelling. Should you be hurt in a knife fight, check your wounds and then call the ambulance. Odds are you may bleed out or become infected by a dirty knife. If you are bleeding badly, wrap the area firmly to clot the blood and stop it flowing.

You Paranoid Dude, You

Thanks for reading, if you have fighting styles or reccomended weapons of your own, or just want to say how awesome and semi-useless this is, drop me a line. Or post. Either way's cool.

Turning, twisting, wishing I could fly...

My life has no truth, and I can't land on a lie...

So I fell through the ground as it passed me by...
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://deitygroup.forumotion.com
Cmd86
Immunis

Moderation Level : ZERO
Experience : 348

PostSubject: Re: How To Defend Your Home   Sat Aug 21, 2010 2:22 pm

o.o........ That must have taken along time making
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Valentine Chaos
Administrator